Engage physicians and other health care professionals within an association to contact policymakers opposing a new Drug Payment Model proposed by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) that would adversely affect care for patients with complex conditions.
Messaging was developed to drive physicians, administrators and staff to email and call their U.S. Senators and U.S. Representative. A monthly outreach plan was developed to keep association members updated and generate increased participation. A handout was also created for offices to distribute to physicians, staff and patients to encourage action.
- More than 600 physicians and other health care professionals sent more than 1,900 letters to almost 200 members of Congress
- Increased association email distribution list by 58 percent
- Generated more than 6,750 website page views by 2,186 users, with more than 1,600 new visitors
- 240 members of Congress signed a bipartisan letter to CMS opposing the proposal
- CMS announced that it would not finalize the proposal